Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

March 17-19, 2017

Miles: 474

What's being done: Detail/paint correction, LED License plate Lights, and Debdage

Got a few things done this weekend. One of my main priorities was bringing the paint to my standard after the dealership had their way with it. They put some serious swirls and hazing in the paint prior to picking the car up, so I knew I had my work cut out for me. I put about 22 hours into the car over the weekend and got it dialed in pretty well. Definitely more room for improvement, but I am happy with where it is currently. I plan getting the paint to at least 95% when I have a bit more time to dive into it.

While I was detailing, I decided to debadge the "subaru" and "awd symmetrical" on the trunk. I never understood why Subaru decides to write novels on the back of their cars, but in any case, I think it really cleaned up the rear. Amazing how easily the tape and badges came off of a new car. Took about 5 minutes to get it off and clean it up.

Lastly, I had some spare VLED LED license plate bulbs laying around from my previous WRX. Decided to throw them in while I wait for the other goodies to come this week. Got a nice haul coming so it should really tie it all together.

Finally hit the half way point of break in (500). Looking forward to finally breaking that 1k mark and enjoying the car even more. Haven't gone about 4k yet, so I am anxiously waiting for it to be over. I may have went to 4.5k a couple times though . Planning on changing the oil right after break in period and going to use 1 of my 2 free oil changes at the dealer. After I get through those, I will be moving to either Motul or Pennzoil.

I should be back sometime next weekend/week with a mod update. Nothing too substantial, but definitely exciting! Feels so good to be back wrenching on a real car again. I've missed this so much!

Some quick garage pictures from this afternoon. Waiting to get some warmer weather before I head out and get some good photos that I feel are acceptable to post.

IMG_1751 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1755 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1786 by Freak Photography, on Flickr

IMG_1735 by Freak Photography, on Flickr
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote