ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

Hey everyone. Been a bit busy, so I have not updated the recent progress on the car lately. I am going to fill everyone in on the mod's I have done over the last month or so.

October 23, 2018

What's being installed: Delta Motorworks Non res midpipe

Mileage: 17,443

I've been looking to add a bit more sound to the car and battled back a forth with a few options on how to go about getting this done. I was looking into other companies to see what else was out there and almost went with another reputable brand that I was looking to try out. However, it would involve me leaving my partnership with Delta Motorworks as well as having to sell off the axleback first to get something else. Since I saw this as more of a hassle than it was worth, I decided to stick with a tried and true brand I was happy with and get their newly developed midpipe to add to the axleback.

Ben and the guys over at Delta got this midpipe ready to go and at my doorstep in a matter of 2 days from when I ordered. It really helps they are only a few states away, but they jumped right on it and got me everything I need to get it installed on the car. They included all new hardware and a nice sticker pack in the order.

The welds and overall quality is top notch. I expected nothing else after having experience their muffler before. All the welds are crisp and clean and the overall piece feels quality. They use a different type of flex pipe than I have ever seen before, as I am used to the braided part that I am sure many of us are familiar with. This type of flex joint is a lot more flexible and really allows the piece to fit right where it needs to go in the exhaust tunnel. Definitely adds a coolness factor to it as well just looking at it.

Finally got some time to get under the car and get it installed. A few bolts to take off and 1 hanger and the OEM midpipe was off the car. The nice part about the delta midpipe is that it comes in two pieces, so it is much easier to handle when installing. After about 20 minutes of bolting it up and adjusting tightening everything down, I was ready to start this thing up.

Initial start up is definitely more audible and adds a much more deeper and aggressive tone to the exhaust note. Right away, I knew I made the right choice and it was the sound I was looking for. Took the car out for a spin to make sure everything was bolted up correctly and to hear the new sound.

This thing really woke up the car and the extra burbles and backfires only added to my overall enjoyment. The deeper tone really unleashes the boxer sound, yet keeps it defined without being obnoxious. It is loud, for sure, but it is a good kind of loud. I was a little nervous about extra drone this would introduce, but to my surprise, it really didn't add as much as I was anticipating. You can really control the sound by certain gears and RPM. I got to take it for a longer ride with one of my kids in the car and they didn't mind the extra noise at all. Nor did I!

Overall, I am very happy with the Delta Motorworks Midpipe. Their customer service is top notch and will go above and beyond to make sure you are a happy customer. Make sure to hit them up and let them know Chris sent you! They will get you exactly what you need. They also offer a resonated midpipe as well if any of you are looking for a bit more subdued sound.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote