Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Default Scoobyfreak86 2017 Lapis Blue Pearl STI Journal

October 28, 2018

What's being installed: Dasaita DSP

Mileage: 17,603

I was fairly pleased with the kicker upgrade, but I have been battling back and forth if there is anything else I should do to get a little more quality out of it. To do a headunit right, it would be pretty pricey to get all the necessary harnesses and part to make it a clean install, however, I am just not a fan of the aftermarket look in these cars. It looks unfinished and really cheap, IMHO. I know of the Android auto headunits out there, but we are looking at $450 on something that I am not sure of the quality and overall longevity of these things. They really do look nice and maybe one day I snag one to try out. However, I wanted something more simple.

I was fairly close to going with the Alpine power pack or the new Kicker DSP amp, but I didn't want to do any type of soldering or custom wire work to get it to work. I wanted something plug and play, so if I didn't like it, wanted to change something up, or simply sell off when I am done with it, all I would have to do is unplug and remove.

I came across a brand called Dasaita. Did a some looking into the company and to my surprise, they actually are the ones that make many of the Android headunits. However, this was a much more reasonable price and it was a complete plug and play install. I reached out to the company asking if they had any coupons and they sent me over a discount and got it for $75! Pretty happy with that, so I decided to go for it and see what it's all about.

It arrived a few days later and decided to tackle the simple install. I am not much of an audio head so I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, but it seems to be a nice small unit and very simple. You have separate bass and treble gains for the front and rear speakers as well as an on/off switch. I marked out where I planned to mount it and found the best place to put it was in the glovebox. It will allow me access to it for any changes I wish to make and it is tucked away nice and cleanly.

Since I had experience removing the headunit once before when installing the kicker sub, this time around it went much more smoothly and quicker. Plugged in the necessary harness and shoved the excess down at the bottom below the headunit. Ran about 8" or so of harness to the glove back and buttoned everything back up.

Used a small piece of 3m double sided tape to keep it from sliding around. Looks really clean and very easy to access to adjust the levels.

Overall, the quality definitely has increased. The crispness sounds really good and it added a lot of low end to the speakers. It fills in the bass that is missing in the cabin and really sounds like a pretty damn good system for what it is. I mean, everything is plug and play and beats spending the extra 4k on a car that has the H/K audio system. Granted, the h/k system sounds pretty good, I am pretty happy with my $500 upgrade to my base stereo. And I got to keep my OEM headunit and all the OEM functions.

If anyone is interested, here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a MA Performance Stage 1 tune to try out and review, so stay TUNED for that.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ScoobyFreak86; 10-30-2018 at 12:25 PM.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote