ScoobyFreak86
Scooby Guru

Member#: 338329
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2017 STI
Lapis Blue

Mod update

Did a few mods over the past couple days. These have been a few things that I have had my eye on for a while an decided to bite the bullet and get them done. Definitely minor things, but they really make the car complete to me.

First up was finishing up the steering wheel. Having the alcantara wheel, OEM sti black bottom trim, and the steering wheel badge done the side pieces felt a little incomplete. I have been eyeing up the OLM carbon fiber trim pieces for quite some time, but could never justify the price. Decided to go for it since I enjoy this stuff and I am glad I did. These pieces are extremely nice. much nicer than I anticipated. In fact, they are actually made of carbon fiber! Usually these aesthetic things are just plastic pieces hydro dipped. However, if you see the picture below of the back side, you can definitely see the weave and actual CF. The pieces slide perfectly over the oem parts and hug ever corner perfectly. I typically don't like the stick on type stuff, but this is so well made and the tape is insanely strong. It makes the whole steering wheel feel more quality and adds a whole other dimension to the interior. I was afraid that adding the pieces on top would interfere with the buttons and recess them too much, but it actually makes the buttons look and feel more at home. Still very easy to press and do not look out of place at all. I decided to not put the bottom trim piece on as I preferred the black trim with the red STI logo. It matched the top wheel stripe and flowed better to me. So, if anyone wants the bottom CF trim, let me know!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobyFreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote