Originally posted by 8Complex
I gave up on the outputs... I was on the phone with them about it when I first installed it and found that they were like +/- .1v, which is a pretty big deal ....
+/- .1v!!! Crap! No wonder I've been totally pulling my hair out trying to make this work!
What a major disappointment. If this thing isn't useful for providing feedback to my TEC-2, it's not at all what I was hoping for. I'm gonna keep at it, though. So far I've grounded the LM-1 power supply to the same place as the TEC (the battery) and I'm using a voltage divider circuit so I can send the signal out as 0-5 and then cut it to 0-1v. Next up is to replace the output cable with a shielded cable, and try to make a shielded box for my voltage divider circuit.
One other thing: I cut the output range from 10:1 - 22:1 down to 10.5:1 - 16.5:1. That gives me twice the resolution. I seem to have gotten to the point were the TEC only disagrees with the LM-1 by about 0.4 AFR, but that's more then I want to live with.