View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #15
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 46834
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Aussie
2002 WRX STI


Originally posted by damianq
yes, but said customer must have the car registered for at least one year before being aloowed to register it here. That is after passing transport Canada's inspection. Actually, that goes for any imported car. As long as you have it registered in your name in another country as your "primary" means of transportation, you may bring it here with you. Same thing, have to pass inspection. I have been looking into it for a 22B.
Incorrect. You are wrong about that, There is no way you can get a GTR into canada legally cept through the 15 year import law.

Even if you had the registration down in the US, Canada has a set list of cars that are allowed to be imported from the US, anything outside of that will never be allowed, cept with the 15 year excepmtion law.

There are many of us that have looked into it, and they will let it in, but only for a short period of time before you HAVE to get a diffrent car, and they will export that car back to wherever it came from, so you can sell it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Daemos is offline