Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoporta View Post
Changed wipers. Engine filter put in weather beaters added front license plate holder Drove 1 mi to tire shop put on snow tires and alignment during shipping cars can go out of alignment when they lock them onto truck changed battery since oem is only 330 cca walmart sells computer memory saver you plug it into the power port aka cigarette lighter port attach 9v to keeper turn off internal lights. Turn key to first position so cars clock is on Device will stop computer from losing ram memory which saves you from having to have the car relearn fuel trim which can take up to an hour. Change battery Some oddities reported after battery change is car stumbles and cuts off at 5mph. Fuel economy drops off a cliff etc. if you don't have the memory saver you have to make sure car is fully discharged then turn it over and don't stop until the car starts up. Run car for like 20 mins then turn on ac and run it as well. After battery change horns might beep so use key fob to reset alarm system. You also loose auto window up and down so you have to reenable it.

Bigger battery helps in cold weather turn overs
Plus battery is only 100 cheap if you ask me
+ I'm guessing the wiper blades are a preference thing?
+ I'm guessing the engine filter improves gas mileage a bit.
+ Weather beaters and license plate bracket are a must for me as well.
+ Snow tires and alignment make sense in states with snow in the winter (myself included). I'll probably be looking into them as well.
+ Battery isn't a huge problem for me. Probably going to buy the extended warranty and it doesn't ever get TOO cold where I currently live.
+ Computer memory saver... Makes complete sense from what you've said above... Is this what I'd need? Schumacher Electric INC 12V OBD-Memory Saver Adapter Cable
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote