Old 10-24-2002, 11:40 PM   #6
dubrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 18293
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jake Steed
Just a FYI...you don't have to pull over for unmarked police cars, even if they have lights. Any guy can buy a Crown Vic and a flashing red and blue lightbar at Radio Shack. You should have just outran him.

But the only time you have to pull over is when they are in a marked police car and have a full duty uniform on. You probably would not have got in trouble for running from this guy. Especially when he wasn't in uniform, wasn't in a marked car (not even a crown vic) and was chasing after you. You could have just said you thought he was some nut trying to chase you down.
I'm not sure running from the guy would have been the best thing. I'm sure he could have radio'd the highway patrol from the weigh station 2 miles away and then I would have been likely arrested and my car impounded. I'll take my licks and sign the ticket anyday. That is interesting information though.

Is there any reason I should go to traffic school? I don't my insurance company, State Farm, will raise rates based on one ticket and I think going to traffic school is more expensive than just paying the ticket? I think you have to pay for the ticket and the school, whereas before it was just for traffic school and not the ticket. I was thinking of saving traffic school if I got another ticket in the near future.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dubrx is offline   Reply With Quote