Scooby Newbie

Member#: 508323
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2019 STI
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by willthetech View Post
Awesome man. glad you are here shearing your car mods. i have been looking at a 2019/2020 sti for few weeks now, but the new generation is almost here...so i keep finding excuses to skip the trade in.

Oil changes @5k? why not 3k?
I went through a bit of the same debate myself and with my dealer in March when I bought the car. I really needed something new as my 24 and 29 year old cars were not cutting it in the daily department. I also had a feeling that the next STI is going to go to a hybrid system a la the Forester STI concept that debuted that new engine layout. It might not but with current trends leaning to electric-hybrid/paddle shift setups in the pursuit of emissions regulations and shift speeds there is a possibility. I love the sound of the EJ25 and this current body style, plus my dealer had reduced the car $750 and I had a $500 coupon in hand from the Philly Auto Show. For me it was the perfect move.
I hope they keep the "rawness" in the next gen car but I couldn't wait that long.
Oh and I'm glad I grabbed a 2019. The Type RA power bump and gear revision WITHOUT the "interesting" 2020 wheels. I'm not sure why they did that to the wheels when the Brembo brakes look best behind solid black.

Anyway, I think I will be moving to a 3k oil change period in the future. The oil came out looking great when I did the first change and while I have the mag-drain in place, it would still be a good practice to change at 3k considering how cheap Subaru oil is at my local dealer.

It looks like my parts just got delivered today and I have a three day weekend coming up!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FastFachi is offline   Reply With Quote