View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #62
Yfz450guy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 448468

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuyPDX View Post
I've read this thread with great interest. 1998 2.5 OBW Outback Wagon. Automatic transmission. I had a p1507 so I cleaned the IAC by blasting brake cleaner down the rubber inlet while holding the rpm at 2000. Let idle 10 minutes This is Subaru's recommended cleaning procedure.
Code came right back. I replaced the IAC with a known good used one, got code p0507, no worries. Reset the IAC duty ratio to 32.5% using a Subaru select Monitor and all is good. I haven't seen any posts yet that talk about resetting the duty cycle to 25-40% after replacing the IAC. This is an important last step after messing with the IAC. Basically you're loosening the two small screws on top of the IAC and rotating it. In my case it was rotated clockwise about 1/8 inch. The idle slowly adjusted, 3-4 second delay, and all was well. Long test drive, several restarts so far. Behavior is night v. day. All fixed.
wait what?
you realize you are creating a whole new theory with resetting the duty cycle right? lol i have been reading about this code for almost a month and have not been able to make it go away.

also, let me throw this out there to everyone. why not just bypass the nss all together? we can bypass the clutch start switch by joining the wires together. why can't we do the same to the nss?

thoughts?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Yfz450guy is offline   Reply With Quote