Scooby Guru

Member#: 43393
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Audi a6
Daytona Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
There's some questions about the legality of that even now before SB281 goes into effect. A true HBAR like the Colt Sporter is allegedly an unregulated rifle; assembling it with a non-HBAR upper makes it a regulated firearm so there's grey areas on how legal that is and whether or not it needs to be registered in that case. In the end I bought the stripped lower to assemble into a post 10/1 illegal configuration, as it SHOULD be grandfathered in. The only question is whether or not I should go through setting up a trust to try and SBR the AR when I assemble it. Technically, it should be allowed since I owned it prior to 10/1, but who knows. This law is impossible to understand. Midway had M&P9 17rd magazines in stock for quite some time at normal ($33) prices. I grabbed four even though I don't have an M&P9. I bought a StormLake conversion barrel for my M&P40, so now I has two guns in one!
I agree...we won't know until 10/1.

I've spoke to an atty that has been working with MSI. He says as long as msp doesn't find a mismatched upper and lower in my possession then I'm good. So just make sure you store the extra parts separate from the hbar.

The sbr idea was a good one.. I decided to stay low on the radar and buy a c&c iwi tavor and called it a day.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote