Old 02-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #15
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

I found ANOTHER leak location yesterday, because the two leaks I used seam sealer on apparently weren't the main source...even though they were obviously leaking!

At the two rear corners of the back window, near the bottom and behind the two roof moldings (really easy to snap up and move), there is another seam where the sealant can crack. I sprayed soap again and this time put the air nozzle behind the left trunk liner through the opening for the jack and more bubbles were at the other seam. Apparently the car flexes enough to crack the sealer and/or the sealer becomes brittle quickly. I didn't have any seam sealer at work and decided to smear some hondabond sealant over the seam after cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner. It should hold and since it's not really visible with the molding snapped back in, I can wait a while and see if that was the last leak.

I'm guessing the passenger side will also start leaking eventually. The plan is to pull up both mouldings at the rear ends and clean it up and apply actual seam sealer, once I've confirmed the location I glued over holds for a few months.

I will share a google drive link and you'll see the seam line. It's actually the long diagonal light line. The lower section with the ton of sealer wasn't leaking, probably just excess sealer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hym...ew?usp=sharing
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote