View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Red.
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325458
Chapter/Region: MAIC

I am going to agree with the gist of the previous comments. Have a backseat in a fun car that you can wedge some car seats into - whatever car you eventually decide on. In 2 or 3 years it'll put a smile on your face for a whole new reason.
Back when my daughter was first born we had an 04 VW Golf R32 (also a great, fun, practical little car). Even before she could really talk she'd giggle and squeal in delight going through some quick turns. When she was a bit older and we lived in Japan and I had my old WRX she'd throw her hands up in the air and say "Wheee! Again! Again! Faster!" like my car was her own personal roller coaster. Although, she's to the point where she can sleep in her car seat while we were doing some, um, what should I call it - "spirited mountain driving" at 2AM on some very, very lonely, very twisty roads. She only woke up when all the G-forces stopped. Weirdo. Anyway. She has fun and smiles from ear to ear, ditto for me too, but our reasons are different. Maybe when she's older and no longer needs to be in a car seat in the back I will look into a 2-seater - I definitely understand the go-kart-ish inclination. I just reason that car manufacturers will always be making them, and if not, old ones will always be available on the used market.

I don't even want to talk about all the guys I've seen sell their fun car for something they consider to be "more practical" just b/c a baby joined the family. Not that you're looking to buy an Oddyssey or anything. But, with twins, as they get older, they are going to want to do things together with you. Are you really going to want to tell one of them he has to stay home while you and his brother go out for a fun drive? Just thinking. Maybe an irrelevant thought though - who knows where life will be in 3 years.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Red. is offline   Reply With Quote