Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
The C8 base price is rumored to be $62K as well which is just $5K more than a C7. But for me if there is no manual it's no sale.
I agree that a manual is a more connected, more fun experience, but we all have to realize that our beloved manual transmissions are dying. The governments say cars have to get more efficient. Easier to increase the corporate average by eliminating the manual trans.

What cars out there with supercar level performance come with a manual transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_knoxville View Post

you can always resto mod
1962...on my dream car list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail308 View Post
There are a number of things that really bug me.

For example, the front grille looks very tall and large to me. There isn’t much dip in the hood between the wheel arches. It’s just very flat across there and makes the center of the grill appear very tall to me.

Another thing is, the rear hips of the car seem to be made of lots of flat planes. Notice how above the rear wheel it’s an almost vertical plane, then with a sharp corner that transitions to another very flat plane for an engine cover. Now compare to something like the 720S or F8 and you see how they have curves hugging the car, as if the body were shrink wrapped over the internals. To me, that is just so much sexier and less clunky looking.

The side scoop is just weird to me. It sticks out quite a bit and looks tacked on, instead of flowing into the design.

Lastly, the rear end looks like a large flat surface. First of all, it doesn’t look aerodynamic, and secondly it looks boring. Again, compare to the 720S or F8 and how subtle design cues make the rear end appear much smaller, sleeker, and more aerodynamic.

All that being said, I realize there is still camo on the car, and definitely some obvious padding in areas. So, when it’s revealed maybe some or all of those criticisms will be eliminated. But I am not hopeful. There is a guy over on some of the Corvette forums that has done a fantastic job of creating a render based on all of the spy shots and it doesn’t look good to me. I’m hoping he’s wrong and that GM has just done a really good job with some camo trickery.
If GM rounded off all the edges and made it look like a McLaren or Ferrari or [insert other car here] would you give them more credit, or would you knock them for being unoriginal and copying everyone? I'm not sold on the looks either, but it does look unique while still borrowing styling from other pleasant-looking automobiles.

I suspect the large looking openings are actually large openings. GM switched to mid-engine to get more performance out of it. The openings give more area for radiators and cooling and likely improved flow to brakes. If there is going to be a hybrid version with a battery pack and e-motor they are going to need additional cooling circuits for those items. Maybe they planned ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
The side scoop is the one thing that really looks off to me. It doesn't flow with the rest of the side and the harsh angle seems out of place. The front end reminds me very much of the LaFerrari in the way it comes to a point. It does look taller which might have something to do with crash standards and production numbers (I thought low number cars could get exemptions at one point). The side scoop almost looks like they were trying to copy the ferrari scoop with a back swept top edge

The pointy front nose also reminded me of The Ferrari. Not my favorite shape. I don't like cars with pointy noses. Too many of them these days.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote