View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
Samurai Jack
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21145
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2002 Enemy of Aku

Unplug those wires, put in the resistor and remove the probe. You can block up the hole in the UP w/a bolt. I don't recall the bolt size.

Many have reported that, over time, the probe just wears down due to the hostile environment it lives in (hot exhaust gas) and can then break off. What piece breaks off has to go somewhere, if it does break off, and the only place it will probably go is up, towards the turbo.

Is this all true? Don't know. It has been reported on the board a number of times. Perhaps someone can give a personal experience.

Probably, over time, a functioning probe fails and it gets replaced before any damage could happen. But, if you disconnect it, you would never know if that time had come (probe failure) and you would would not know you need to change it out.

Just something to consider. If it was me, I'd remove it. I don't have mine in there anymore.

Since you haven't installed the UP yet, you can go find a bolt that would fit the opening properly. Good hardware store will usually have something like that. It is not a wierd or uncommon size.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Samurai Jack is offline   Reply With Quote