Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/05 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclsr1
I recently installed h1 hids in my 05 wrx I am having problems with the daytime running lamps working correctly. As soon as I release my parking brake they flicker and then shut off.
This tells me that your HIDs are a "plug and play" installation using the factory switched grounds. See my post above for why this is bad. When connected this way with DRLs still enabled, the DRL system will try to run the HIDs through the DRL dropping resistor resulting in the ballasts receiving insufficient voltage to turn on so they flicker and cut out as you are seeing. This will shorten the life of the ballasts and bulbs and may burn out the DRL resistor as well.
You need to-
1. Disable the DRLs by disconnecting the main control module by the glovebox, search this forum for details on how to do this.
2. Correct the wiring of your ballasts so they are directly grounded, again see my post above about why you need to do this.
3. Read the posts in this forum by people who have installed HID kits in their 04-05 WRX's only to pull them out because of the horrible beam pattern and glare, and ended up purchasing a set of the STi HID light assemblies.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote