Old 09-24-2000, 08:56 PM   #1
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Smile So, what do ya think about a Blue Ridge Pearl Legacy 2.5GT?

Well, now that repairs on the Legacy are a GO, it's time to start making some decisions. Such as, what color should the car be? Basically, every panel except for one or two will NEED to be painted, so why not paint the whole thing and go with a different color?

I was ticked when I bought the car that the Legacy Outback was available in a Navy blue color, but the "regular" Legacy wasn't. (I don't think it was BRP, but it was some sort of dark blue). If that dark blue had been available on the 2.5GT, I definitely would have gone for that rather than the green (oops, I mean "spruce").

So, BRP is definitely a high choice. I also like the Sedona Red a lot, but as I was discussing with Boomer at the auto-x today, I'm not sure I can see that color on my car. I love it on the RS, but I just can't visualize it on the 2.5GT. Plus, the red and green contrast would be really noticeable in places that weren't repainted (I don't anticipate stripping the car down *completely* to do this, so there would be some green spots left over - maybe some stuff in the engine bay, etc).

Another option would be the gun metal grey (steel mica?) from the WRX. Or how about steel mica blending into BRP on a diagonal about 2/3 down the car? Or maybe spruce pearl blending into BRP in the same scheme? (What I mean is that the back 1/3 or so of the car would be BRP, and then it would "fade" into another color for the front 2/3, with the fade zone being angled - maybe from the bottom of the joint between the two doors up to the top rear corner of the roof.)

Any suggestions, kids? I'm going to talk to the shop tomorrow to tell them to start tearing stuff apart, and I'll see what they think about repainting everything. You know, I might also have to pull the engine just to make sure it's OK, and then of course I'd have to pull the heads, port and polish, 3 angle valve job, and perhaps some DOHC cams. That would all be so it would be easier to repaint the engine bay - yeah, that's it!

Pat Olsen
'99 Legacy 2.5GT 5speed sedan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote