View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #1
Ej20xHawkeye
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514415
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2006 Ej20x wrx

Default Leaking boost noise been plaguing me please help!!!

Im thinking ive got a boost leak but im not sure where ive replaced all my intercooler piping, and gaskets my silicone tomei inlet is in great shape. ive done countless smoke tests and still nothing and im still getting the full boost im tuned for on my boost gauge but at wot and under heavy boost the car is reading pretty rich on my WB02 although my cruising and idle afrs are great . I feel like the symptoms all started once i began to hear my turbo get way louder. i have the stock tdo4 and stock bpv, stock intake with a K&N drop in (should i replace with oem?) with a hks tbe and ive never heard any turbo blow off but now there is a noticeable and sometime loud hissing woosh on spool and blow off. I really would like to fix whatever is causing the sound because im almost positive that is my culprit. my tuner initially thought it was a issue with my ebcs plug and advised me to replace it, i havent been able to see him since then as he is far and busy but im trying to schedule some more diagnostics. The noise sounds like its coming from the passengers glovebox so something with the ebcs could make sense im stumped tbh, any insight is appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ej20xHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote