Scooby Newbie

Member#: 137791
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by God&Sme View Post
Yeah I reckon they are. Today when I went to get it aligned the dude was trying to pull out the crazy positive camber n popped out my axle I was in wreck tho so there must be something else that's bent bc in order to get camber in spec the links are crazy extended n popped out the axle. They suggested that the strut may be bent

N those purple bushings are made by SuperPro. 65bucks from IIR and w/a $15 pitman arm pullet I didn't need a press. Pretty simple once u get all Hulk on those crazy tight bolts. At least I dist break any tho
Thanks for the tip about the bushings. I had a small accident with mine years ago (slid the rear wheel sideways into a curb during a snowstorm). The body shop told me that I needed a new knuckle because it was obvious that it had been cracked in a previous accident (I'd rather not get into that one ).

Apparently, instead of fixing it, the first body shop just elongated the bolt holes on the struts, and tried to pull everything into place. No wonder my camber was always off!

Anyways, the crack followed the top seam where the hole for the axle meets with the body of the knuckle causing it to always have a lot of positive camber. None of the shops that did my alignment ever said anything, and because of that shop cutting corners, a small bump into the curb extended the crack so bad that my rear wheel ended up looking kinda like this:

(I know that's a Neon, but I had to share that picture.)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.