NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
Hmmm, I have a bottle of that stuff somewhere in the garage, not sure I've ever used it. Wonder if the bottle I've got is also dead?
If you had it for several months, possibly hardened. I bought another bottle and did all of the dash, console, steering pieces, etc. It basically made them have super gloss and darkened some a little.

The dash has only been faded for maybe six months, it was nice and dark before. The Wipe New didn't do any type of miracle on the dash, it had lots of dry looking areas after coating it last night. I coated it again tonight and it seems to have helped a little, but won't know until tomorrow.

I used something similar a few years ago on my other impreza and remember it lasting a few months then fading again. If this stuff only lasts a few months, after all of the bragging they do about going through a car wash hundreds of times, I will be just slightly pissed. It also has VERY strong ammonia + mothball scent, I suggest doing it in the garage. They claim it needs to be done in a cool dry area, which makes it almost impossible for most people with the smell being so bad. Sucks I didn't end up with the house I wanted several years back, had a separate large air conditioned workshop/garage. :/

Taking the dash out wasn't fun at all, with all of the extra wiring I've added having to be disconnected. I may install quick disconnects on all of them in case.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote