Old 06-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #14
Theclerk95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 500640
Vehicle:
2001 legacy b4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilakas View Post
Everytime this happens to my car its the maf sensor being dirty. I spray it with maf sensor cleaner and she goes back to normal. I think that's the easiest thing to try, plus it's good to do anyway. A dirty maf never triggers a cel on my car. A ignition issue always has triggered a flashing cel when missfire is ocurring in my ecperience.

Ok saw that you tried the maf already. The other likely cause is a bad coil pack. If you have a buddy with a good coil packs swap them all and see if it goes away. If not order a good one and try swaping 1 by 1.
yeah had two new maf sensors at home so gave those a go, was really hoping they would fix it lol. Yeah didn't have friends local with coils that would work to try, so I just ordered 4 delphi coils from rockauto and pfr7b plugs. Hoping this solves it.

Its an OBD1 car still, and I've found whenever somethings wrong it takes about 600km for a light and code to come on. Had a bad o2 sensor last year and just reset the code and it didnt come back for another 600km... pretty bad haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Theclerk95 is offline   Reply With Quote