Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242585
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Saabaru
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
I had to unplug this particular IAT sensor directly under the throttle body on my v8 swap. Apparently the USDM harness doesn't support it, and it could cause AVCS NOT to work. Had to take off the TMIC to get to it, since I didn't know about it beforehand. Not sure if it's the same for v7 or v9... but certainly applies to the v8. Just FYI:
Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully others know, I've seen the same info floating around in this thread enough that I knew to unplug mine today before I put everything back together.

So I'm in the final steps of my swap, really just filling fluids and stuff left. All is well, and I'll probably start-er-up tonight.

Question though, does anyone have a pic of the passenger side mounting brackets for the Ver8 TMIC? I'm thinking mine weren't included. I have 2 brackets left over and they certainly don't seem to fit. The one that was on there, I couldn't even get the TMIC in place with it on(seemed like a standard WRX fitment bracket ). Anyway, if anyone has any pics of them on or off the car I'd appreciate it.

Also, what are you guys dong as far as heat shields for the turbo? Even running one? My Ver8 swap didn't include a heat shield and trying to decide if I should wrap the DP and throw on an aftermarket turbo blanket or just go as is
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
navydub is offline   Reply With Quote