Old 09-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #2486
chanomatik
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

It made me think about how friends of mine avoid Northway Mall or even Dimond Mall because of the occasional shootings that occur in those locations. In my mind, anything could happen anywhere at any time, so avoiding a specific location when that location has what you need for that moment seems like a major inconvenience.

I have another friend who has a wife that will avoid four-way stop sign intersections.

If one just raises their awareness level to see "patterns", incidents can general be avoided. The other day a lady swerved into my lane as we passed through an intersection because she didn't want to wait for a GTI that was turning "slowly" to the right. She would've hit me had I not quickly maneuvered out of the way. I would have totally bit the curb had I not been aware of the conditions and my car's presence in a lane. As it was, I very, very lightly rubbed my wheel on the curb. And instead of making a scene about it I just continued driving on to my destination.

Once you recognize the "patterns" never forget that they exist. I believe motorcyclists have to develop this in order to survive. Which also makes me think of the phrase "Freedom ain't free." You have to fight for the good stuff in life, even just casual cruising on public roads.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote