LBFilmGuy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 196589
Vehicle:
RIP 2002 BMW 325ci
2009 Legacy SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
I still dont get leases..you cant do anything fun to the car. its not even yours. its like you are renting it..
I don't have the need to mod it or change it anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toutanje View Post
Sometimes its actually cheaper to lease than if you were to buy certain cars. think of it in a way of depreciation. If you buy the car, by the time you pay it off and years and years later the value of the car of course will go down. When it's time to sell it, you lose what ever depreciation value the car had. It's money gone that you will never see again, kinda like leasing... But remember that's under certain circumstances. If your plans are to mod it on the other hand, yea kinda makes no sense to lease it haha.
Correct. I am spending around 6k to drive a brand new car with a full warranty for 2 years. I couldn't even buy a nice used Accord for this price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
That's what I thought.

But then from what I hear, you lease and let the car depreciate for like 2 years. Then when the lease is up, you bring the car back and buy it as a 'used' car. Since you'll be the only driver of it if its brand new, it's like your own car.
Right.

But since the residual on this car is ridiculous with this lease, something $18,000 in 2 years so I will definitely trade it in.

I just needed something cheap and reliable (and nice) to last me a few years, and this is perfect for now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
LBFilmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote