Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319696
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Subaru WRX STI
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protek View Post
When I was 16 I had a turbo'd miata, then sold it for a built 2002 Mustang GT when I was 17 and bought my WRX stock when I was 19. I'm now 20, have paid for all 3 of my cars, all of my mods to my WRX, and my insurance and only had one ticket in my life (in the Miata) and never been in a wreck. With that being said, I would never buy my kids an STI unless I knew they could handle it. Kids my age are actual retards when it comes to driving.

Will never understand though why everyone on these threads over 25+ think that kids never buy their own Subarus and everything is paid for by their parents. I've had a fairly high paying job for my age since I was 17 and I know several other people have as well. I think people need to stop generalizing the younger Subaru owners and realize it's all on a case by case basis.

That's pretty awesome that you could buy those things at such an early age. I had a friend who worked real hard and saved for his 3000gt.

i think its different if my kid runs up to me and asks for a nice fancy car. I'd like him to learn a little bit of humility first and appreciate the simpler things in life, like having ANY kind of car beats having NO car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.