Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
It fully agree that battery mileage will be a major factor in the depreciation.

I'm not sure if existing carmakers are willing to change their core design philosophy to a "simpler" pure software approach and longer model cycles (less overall sales volume). For now, I think Tesla can only gain (if they donít run out of cash) as they add models in new segments and increase their production capacity around the world.
I donít think EVís will be longer sales cycles once the large autos offer a decent EV line up. Tesla sales are long because they havenít really added much over the years (minus P series) and at that point, youíre close to $75-100k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
Battery costs or lack of range, will be an issue in the none-"luxury" segments.

One element that can cover that some (if batteries can last) is longer-term low TCO, which can make used Teslas compete with none luxury brands.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/09/27...r-cost-to-own/
Hereís the thing, most people are so debt strapped that they canít afford to pay more upfront for overall long term savings. Itís a really ****ty way people go about wanting and buying stuff and not putting money away / investing and holding off on the purchase so that they can put more down.

This also plays into people stretching out their loans to 84 months. Canít wait, needs NOW!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
godfather2112 is online now   Reply With Quote