View Single Post
Old 02-15-2001, 01:53 PM   #1
8Complex

Member#: 922
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)

Post Would you trust Schaumburg Subaru to...

...put a new short block in your car? I've got a bad case of piston slap going on (engine knocks real loud when it's really cold), but I keep hearing horror stories about work they've done not tunring out right and things still being wrong. Supposedly it isn't doing any harm, just making noise, but I don't trust metal against metal clanking in any sense.

There is still the chance this is a tensioner, but somehow it doesn't sound like it's coming from anywhere near up front of the engine. The only thing that could lead me to believe it was still the tensioner is that it still knock until it has been fully warmed up for several minutes - I would think the pistons and cylinder walls would be warmed up DAMN quick...

Now Craig is really cool, though I know George can be a pain, but the mechanics are really what I'm concerned about. From what I understand, Donnie's old car's trans. is still leaking after being replaced, returned, fixed, and sold - and that is a simple trans. install, not the entire engine!

Not to mention that I'll end up getting a POS rental until I get my car back... I would want something of equal or greater value here, guys.

Craig - if you're reading this, sorry to have to doubt your guys there, but I just keep hearing stories about how they didn't do things right and things came out still leaking and stuff like that. If you'd let me do it myself with equipment there, that'd be another story, but I know that isn't going to happen because of all the ins. regulations and whatnot.

[This message has been edited by 8Complex (edited February 15, 2001).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
8Complex is offline   Reply With Quote