View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:19 PM   #3093
WillyWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 402927

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajohnson View Post
I see you're right down the road. I worked for Metro for 27+ years, and most of that time was from White Flint to Shady Grove.

I don't know what to say about that quote. Like you said, it looks like they are proposing replacing almost everything -- including parts that likely can be reused -- like over $1,000 worth of camshafts.

A cynical person might say Fitzgerald purposely inflated the estimate. $16,000+ is just an insane amount of money.

I'm not suggesting you do this, but out of curiosity I wonder how much a complete, assembled SOA factory short-block would be?
The whole situation is shady. I also have a "COD" quote from them for $13k which isn't valid for warranty assistance. I told SOA there is no way a rational person would justify dropping 9-12k on a 15k book value car. I asked them to send their warranty assistance check to me so I could have a local shop do the job for 8k or so. They refused. Long story short, I sold the car for <50% of book value and moved on. They lost a customer for life on this one, which is a shame because i've been a pretty loyal and vocal supporter since I bought my first WRX new in 2003 (and sold at 180K+ miles).

They local guy I sold it to has been working on subby's for 20 years. He told me to avoid the newer gen WRX like the plague. Lot's of engine rebuilds and issues. 2003 - 07 are really solid and are in high demand.

As for me, I'm going to crank out another year or two in my current beater than have a go with the Model 3.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WillyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote