Dasani
Top Scoob 005

Member#: 58098
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
10.4 @ 137.46mph
Cosworth, TSR70, MZM Tune

(December 28, 2005)

Well, at least for me, the combination of the Ohlins fixed perch struts and STi JDM Pink springs is absolutely perfect.

I drove on the stock set up for a little over 4000 miles before the legendary STi 'bobble head' syndrome irritated me enough to make some changes. I changed all the strut mounts to STi Group N hardened mounts and changed the stock springs to Tein H-Techs.

It was a nice setup and I put a little under 27000 miles on it, but the 'bobble head' monster would rear it's ugly head once in a while on certain roads and drive my crazy.

It took me a few months to convince myself to spend the money for the Ohlins struts. They are expensive, but they have 25 adjustments for bump and rebound together, plus they are rebuildable. So I put in the Ohlins struts and STi JDM Pink springs along with a pair of RCE Camber Plates in the front.

After getting everything in and setting the struts at 10 clicks from full soft, I took the car for a ride and all I could say was 'WOW'! It is a totally different car. I really expected it be a harsher ride switching to the stiffer Pink springs, but it was BMW type smooth. In fact, it was a little too smooth for my tastes, so I cranked the struts up another 10 clicks. That was just a bit too harsh, but the car handled like it was on rails. So I turned the struts down 3 clicks and it's perfect, for me.

I have put a little over 1000 miles on this setup and I have zero suspension noise, even with all the hardened and solid mounting points throughout the suspension (BTW: my stock struts never had the 'clunk' problem either). The struts can be easily adjusted by reaching under the car and turning the knob, the car doesn't need to be lifted at all. And the 'bobble head' is completely gone!

Suspension & Driveline Modifications:
Ohlins Struts (Front & Rear)
STi JDM Pink Springs
Racecomp Engineering Camber Plates (Front)
STi Group N Strut Mounts (Rear)
Cobb Sway Bars (Front & Rear)
Perrin Sway Bar End Links (Front & Rear)
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
Kartboy Crossmember Bushings
Turn In Concepts Differential Mount Bushings
BBS RE 18x8 Wheels
Yokahoma Advan Neova AD07 235-40-18 Tires

Gratuitous pics:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dasani is offline   Reply With Quote