NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_gc8 View Post
So will a gen 2 gtx 3071 fit with your kit?
There should be no problems with this combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
What is different with "gen2" GTX turbos?
Compressor wheel aero changes.

Quote:
Looks like you can get the comp housing with a 3" inlet already, why the need to machine a 3" custom with your kit?
Additionally, we trim the inlet, add a weld bead, grind the areas of contact with the bellhousing to reduce belhousing material removal, and add the boost port.

Quote:
Speaking of, no gen2 3067? I see a 2867 and a 3071. But no 3067 for gen2. Is that correct?
Sadly the 3067 has been cut. Something to consider though, is the 3067 actually had the 2867 compressor wheel mated to the 30R turbine. With the 2867 now available as Gen II I would expect the increase in compressor aero may compensate for the smaller 28R turbine housing, and produce very similar power results, with even better response. Speculation on my end, but it would not surprise me if it played out like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harey View Post
Im also hearing the gen 3071 would be one to get for your goals. that would be one sweet setup.

Killer B liked the 0.63 tial on the 3067 but for a gen 2 3071 with your power goals I would choose the 0.82 tial housing.

You dont mention the spoolinator kit, would you use that? If so, that comes with an ewg port already. That would be my dream setup on a 2.5. On my ej207 I would love a gen 2 2867 with 0.63 tial spoolinator kit!
It's been years since we've run a 3071, but it was a good ~400whp turbo on pump fuel back then. Without testing the Gen II I wouldn't know what to recommend on the turbine housing side, but starting with the 0.82 is a pretty safe bet. Changing housings to better cater to your needs is only a housing away.

Quote:
Yes I would use the spoolinator kit. But the spoolinator kit does not "come" with EWG as it does not come with an up-pipe.

You get the vband up-pipe ADAPTER, which bolts to your existing stock location turbo up-pipe. Mine is not EWG, so it will need to be added.
Correct. Spoolinator works with anyone's up-pipe.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote