Old 06-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #34
2slofouru
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 90539
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
My BOV goes
COVFEFE!

The KillerB header being EL is going to make it hard on any exhaust designed for a UEL header, hell even a S*RS exhaust sounds great on the uel cars.

I run the Michelin A/S 3 tires as well, not noisy but mine are only 7" wide so not a ton of contact patch.

I really think we need a shop to invest in tuning/building specialized catbacks for the EL header cars. Considering how many companies have been and are newly coming out with them, it would seem logical. They can sound awesome with the correct tuning, it's not magic, just trial and error.

My car sounded decent catless with the holy header and Invidia Q300, but it still was a bit louder/too much drone at highway cruise rpm than I want for highway drives. My turbo was a Steamspeed Stx 20g-r which is supposedly equivalent to a 3068 combo. One more long resonator may have done the trick, but now I'm going another route soon so the Q300 is coming off.

You'll notice, the Q300 and most other aftermarket cans are smaller than oem, which allows more noise out (for racecar sounds). We need a large can style like oem to kill more high pitch noise, but with 3" in/out to allow higher hp builds to flow. (like the Apexi Noir style) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apexi-Noir-T...hYk5QV&vxp=mtr
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 2slofouru; 06-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.
2slofouru is offline   Reply With Quote