Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.wag View Post
I am in the new owner of a 96 Impreza LX coupe with auto trans and of course am looking for more power and manual trans. Leaning towards the usual suspects (ej20/ej25 with matching 5/6 speed or etc) but stumbled upon a few JDM reseller listings for an JDM H6 EZ30 with 6speed! manual transmission. If thereís already a write up on these being swapped into whatever PLS send me the link and iíll get reading.

IF you do know from experience if these will work for a swap into an Impreza like mine PLEASE reply.
The link BlackBearded posted has plenty of information about H6 swaps. Of course, that's info from all sorts of different members doing swaps in various cars, so it's not a direct "how to" thread. The short answer is YES, you can swap an EZ30 and 6MT into your '96 Impreza. The challenge will be the wiring / engine management.

If you're on FB, check out the Six Swapped Subarus group. There are folks in that group who have experience with some of the aftermarket / stand-alone engine management systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru_gc8 View Post
it has the same ratios as the 07+ 6 speed. i did have one the 4 and 5 gears are really close together like a 500 rpm drop. and yes it will bolt right up with a 2002-2005 wrx. So all it needs is a 3.54 rear ratio and an automatic drive shaft and you are good to go
What does an '02-05 WRX have to do with his '96 LX?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote