View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #12
4S-TURBO
Scooby Guru

Member#: 67807
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxsubaru View Post
I have bought hundreds of Toyota hybrids for fleets. From the 1st gen Prius to 2020 model year vehicles. It is by far the best fleet drivetrain to have ever existed.

Take a look at the Toyota setup, the CVT is a planetary gear setup, not the typical chain/band setup. Out of the hundreds bought i recall two failures(electronic not mechanical) with many of the cars over 250k miles.

The hybrid system cuts idle issues to almost nothing, reduced brake wear to almost nothing, boosted MPG in every scenario, with almost no issues.

I never imagined a hybrid system that adda complexity would be trouble free, but its sooooooo well built. I had 2nd Prius with over 150k miles on the orginal brakes. Its just an amazing setup.
Without going in the weeds I will agree up to a point about Prius having owned a used one. But cooling systems in those fail, as do battery packs without warning. And it’s cost prohibitive to fix and at that point the value is zero.

My point is mini van buyers typically keep a while and put a ton of miles on them. Toyota V6 engines and trans are proven to go many miles with minimal maintenance. It’s why they hold their value for so long. Prius values plummet at the end of their warranty for a reason.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
4S-TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote