Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
sniper512
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189923
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1993 JDM WRX
Black

The car has an 02+ WRX TMIC, turbo-back exhaust, 550 injectors, Rob's tune, 6MT swap with Brembo's and ACT 6 puck clutch, Coil conversion.

The only thing that changed in the car from the 440 tune to the 550 tune was the trans swap. The other engine mods were on there with the 440 tune. The car pulls very hard. Easily comparable to my good friends 05 STi with a RocketRally pro-tune and to many bolt-ons to list and since I have the same drive-train the butt dyno is legit. The car doesn't quite have the kick down low as the EJ257 but it seems to have endless power up high where the EJ257 seems to fall off. Keeping in mind I weighed the car after the swap and it came in at 2750lbs.

For the swap. You basically need
-STi 4 hubs and axles
-R180 diff(needs R160 rear mounting studs)
-STi driveshaft
-6MT
-Sti clutch/ flywheel
-STi trans mount
-Modified stock suspension(lower front bolt holes need to be drilled out a bit) or do what I did and got BC racing coilovers for this swap.

Your Slave will work as will your trans cradle. Save all your old bolts as most will be reused. R180 bolts in to the rear R160 location. There is talk that you may need adjustable rear lateral arms to correct camber. I used my stock ones and seems fine.

You can save yourself hassel and go with a 04 STi setup so you can keep your wheels. Or even do just the 6mt from the 04 STi with all your stock axles and hubs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sniper512; 09-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.
sniper512 is offline   Reply With Quote