View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Carartist
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 241627
Vehicle:
2007 WRX STI Limited
Metallic Grey

This is really "bizzaro world isn't it? You mean to say that "THERE ARE NO TUNERS HERE IN BEND".

Ok; lets try this another way. I'll spell it out for you. As I said; my STI is STOCK. I will be upgrading the exhaust system. It IS NOT a race car; a Rally car; or drag car. It won't do a 12 second quarter mile like yours evidently does. It is not "chipped". As i also said; I know of 3 businesses here in Bend that do "tune" Subaru's. But that is geared more toward ALL Soobees. Outbacks; Legacy's, Imprezas, and the like. Knowing that there are MANY STI cars around here; I'm sure that somebody somewhere in Bend has had their car "tuned" after adding some mods. I'd like to talk with those (evidently rare) people about who they have work on their cars; and where they have had their car on a dyno. I don't want to have to leave my car over in Portland for a few days waiting to get it tuned to run right with the exhaust upgrades. Does that make any sense? I just want it to run efficiantly and the way it should. I did use the search utility long before posting my question. All I was needing was a one line answer like "I took my STI to this guy and he got it running great after I got the air flowing without so much restriction".
I can look through the phone book as anyone can and find businesses that work on import cars; but it's worth much more to make a friend that recommends a good Subaru mechanic that has a dyno and all the neccessary equipment to get my car running at it's top performance. Is that too far out of the question? Or is it too much hassle to actually recommend a shop?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Carartist is offline   Reply With Quote