Old 01-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #12
FLY_DMy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457223
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza 5Dr Ltd
Graphite

Post Android Auto and Apple Car Play Issues???

I wanted to pass on another one of my initial issues/resolutions.

When I took delivery of my 2017, the dealer had given me a pretty cool (except the color), multi-adapter USB cable because my phone was almost dead.

After leaving the dealership I thought I would use my new USB cable to check out Android Auto.

Wrong!!! After plugging it into my Samsung 7, the icon for Android Auto was just as "Grey" as before.

I checked settings on the phone and Infotainment, but kept coming back to the cable. At one point I had tried (3) different cables!!!

I knew I didn't have (3) bad USB cables, and I was right - I didn't even have (1) bad cable, I just didn't have one cable of the right specification.

I went out and bought a Belkin a Mixit Lightning Charge and Sync cable and voila~ Problem Solved!!!

It would appear based on my troubleshooting that a std 2.0 USB to Micro cable will not work. Would need to be of 3.0 USB spec, there is even a 3.1 USB spec out now (with universal orientation) meaning "not keyed" or ie: you can't plug it in wrong. But we probably won't see many of those devices/cables for a while yet.

Not suggesting Belkin necessarily but found mine at Walgreens for like $9.00 and was glad to have this resolved.

Here is another option (if you a Fry's in your neighborhood):
http://www.frys.com/product/7734058?...q6gaAt0I8P8HAQ

Hopefully I can save someone else the trouble.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by FLY_DMy; 01-30-2017 at 09:44 AM.
FLY_DMy is offline   Reply With Quote