Old 08-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
Luxkeiwoker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 469111
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 Impreza WRX STI
Black

Ok so I measured the voltage at the ECM on the pin while in test mode (I confirmed it as well with the shop manual and it is indeed Pin 13). The voltage is cycling between 11,3 V (battery voltage) and 0 V. I then measured the voltage with the valve disconnected and nothing changed. Still cycling as it should. So the wirering seems to be OK.

I then hooked up the electrical connectors on the valve to my voltmeter and measured the resistance again. It showed ~ 32 Ohms.

Since I still couldn't hear or feel anything during test mode and the plug connected, I decided to hook up the valve directly to a voltage source (10V) by crocodile clips. When connecting the top pin to + and the lower pin - nothing happend. This seems to be the right polarity since the actual plug delivers the voltage to the pin on the top. I switched the power source on and off serveral times since I thought the the valve may just be stuck and could loosen up by quickly applying voltage and disconnecting it again

Oddly enough when I reversed the polarity I could hear a clicking noise which sounded and felt like a closing or opening relais but not like a mechanical valve.

I re-measured the resistance after that again and the voltmeter showed 4 Ohms and slowly rising.

So now what?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Luxkeiwoker is offline   Reply With Quote