Johnold
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 322797
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmx25 View Post
They gave you the wrong washer. The one on the transmission is more like a thicker fiber washer. You could possibly reuse the washer but don't use the one designed for the oil pan because the bolt is bigger on the transmission. This is the one you want http://www.fastwrx.com/products/suba...in-plug-gasket
Ah see there we go. Clarification. Thank you very much for this.

The dude talking to me was confusing the hell out of me. I KNOW what i came in there for. I went in there told them i have a 2012 wrx sedan and told him i need 5 quarts of the high performance gear oil 75-90, 1 for the differential and 4 for the transmission. Well 3.7..

He then for some reason insisted that i buy 6 of them cause the tranny takes like "5 quarts. And "its what we give the techs" same with the crush washer. Im thinking, this goes to the engine oil drain bolt. He's like "yeah same as the tranny"...smh...

He must've thought i had an sti or something. Dude was all the way all kinds of wrong.

Itll be the first time doing this tranny service so i wanted to atleast make sure of the washer that goes onto the tranny bolt. So im strongly assuming if i dont go back to the dealership to get a new washer that i could reuse the same stock crush washer. The dealership is like 1 hour away.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Johnold is offline   Reply With Quote