Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #629
Chrisjdumas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488749
Vehicle:
05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Lafleur View Post
Trying to get around 375 380 horsepower to the wheels I have put a bunch of stuff into it already including DW fuel pump, injector Dynamics 1050 injectors, GrimmSpeed top mount intercooler, GrimmSpeed electronic boost control solenoid, AEM cold air intake, tomie unequal length header with up pipe, nameless catted downpipe and full exhaust, 1 range colder spark plug and professionally tune on a Mustang dyno (ECS Tuning Connecticut) and got 313 horsepower to the wheels and 404 horsepower at the crank... .Does this sound about right can someone help me out do I need to upgrade the turbo and go to E85 to see that kind of power???
In my opinion I would be considerate of the stock motor. I ran 362 wheel on a dyno dynamics on a conservative boost and timing tune and a bearing went... I would keep it in the low 300's until you can build the bottom end. After mine blew up I went all in but I used to think I was fine at 360 but I couldn't settle for a nice daily with 300 hp. I had a lot of similar parts as you have but I would be very careful testing the stock motor. You can find tons of threads about it. Some cars last a week at 300 and some last 50k miles on 400 hp. My personal experience was rod knock at 362/340 lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chrisjdumas is offline   Reply With Quote