View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 02:28 AM   #9
Ih8Hondas
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 514838
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Atlantic Pearl Blue

Yeah. I love the open source aspect. My problem is figuring out how to use the software. After a lot of reading and a bit of youtubing I'm much more confident that I understand how different parameters affect things and that I can get the tunes done.

The next thing I want to do is get some OEM maps and just explore the software with them, but I'm having a tough time getting things organized and in the right folders and whatnot. I'm not going to go buy a Tactrix cable and laptop if I can't figure where all the files need to go. That's my biggest beef with open source stuff. It doesn't all come in one package or update with one click, and that's where I often run into problems. In the end I don't think tuning skills will be the limiting factor for me. I can learn that stuff. It's going to be my computer skills that are more likely to force me to go another route at this point.

I also have to figure out how the hell to do the Merpmod and how that changes things since I want to go the speed density route.

I feel like this would be a lot easier (at least for me) with more extensive video documentation on youtube. I learn much better by watching than reading when it comes to this stuff.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Ih8Hondas; 05-20-2020 at 02:37 AM.
Ih8Hondas is offline   Reply With Quote