Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmars62 View Post
http://www.japan-partner.com

^ That is the website, my question is, is it legit or a reliable site? I heard people that get parts from there have no problem and idk about getting cars.

I heard multiple things like buying a car from there worked fine but then they had trouble with customs, like they couldn't even touch the car because they had to get it ready for emissions, or then they have a ridiculous registration fee like 5k or something like that.

Anyone got some info on this? Thanks.
If you think you're just going to pick a car off the list, and have it shipped to your door, you have a LOT of learning to do.

You wont be able to import 99% of japanese cars, register them for street use, and drive them. Might as well stop thinking about it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0stin5STI View Post
Hmm...A friend of mine contacted an agency in Cali who works with JP to get him an R33.

They charged a hefty "service" fee to import and register the car.

He then totaled it 5 years later.

Anyways, I can't directly help you. I do know that a few friends of mine have purchased vehicles from the before. That I can think of, I know of 4 cars from them.
The only "agency" who could legally import skylines went out of business close to a decade ago.

If your friends somehow have gotten them recently, they are illegal and I wouldn't suggest bragging about them on a public forum.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.