Member#: 139693
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
How about reversing the question?

I'm looking to replace my daily driver.
Perhaps spend around $20,000...and I've no issue spending much less, as it's going to be carrying all my surf gear to the beach.

Why should I buy an electric car? (not being sarcastic)

My only requirement: Vehicle must be a hatchback.

Daily roundtrip to work, the beach and home is around 30 miles.
Jealous AF. I have to fly to OGG to do the same but it’s like a divorce, it costs because it’s worth it. I’m still on knee to chest for a few years, and won’t go without my friends on the island. Their break I get a pass for being a Haole because I’m with them.

A used Leaf is just your game. $10-12k, low mileage. Little to no maintenance. kWh cheaper than gas. This newer model with more range should be depreciating to low 20k range pretty quick (haven’t checked). Previous gen, make sure it’s a 2013 or up. The Nissan service people laugh when I take it in for annual state inspection. I always ask “what needs to be done” regarding service and they laugh. It’ll take the miles off your nicer machinery. It’s my donkey in the fleet. Best DD I have ever owned. Hatch, you can put a rack on top for the boards. Parks easy, just make sure to get one with the all around cameras. They make parking right next to a curb a one inch deal with no wheel/curb rash. And people think you eat Kale and hate firearms so you are running totally incognito.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote