View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
vodoo-chile
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 215948
Vehicle:
2005 LGT
Black

Well, I'm kind of nervous now. I originally had the 0011 & 0021 codes back in December but turned out it was due to a dirty oil filter. Once the oil/filter change was done, no more codes and the car ran great.

I was going through about 1qt of oil every 3k miles or so, and knew the turbo was probably going south. Well, last week the clutch went and I had that replaced. As soon as I pick it up from the shop, I hear a very faint rattle once boost starts to come on.

I take it back to the shop the next morning and on the way, throw 0011 & 0021 again. The rattle seems to get a little louder as well. The car ran fine at idle, no smoke, and accelerated normal (without going into boost). The shop calls and tells me the turbo is going out. Now I have a new BNR 18g on order but am now fearful it may be something more.

I don't want to put on a new turbo and then have the motor grenade in a couple of months. I'm going to have to have the shop do a thorough engine check before the turbo install to make sure everything is good first.

Kyle
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vodoo-chile is offline   Reply With Quote