Old 09-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #616
AK907TRE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 230886
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
02 wrx,in a coma
loaned a 2001 rs coupe

just finished the second retrofit on my bugeye. The first retro I used morimoto mini d2s projectors and 35w morimoto ballasts w/ 5k beams.
This project entailed morimoto FXR 3.0 projectors, 55w ballasts, completely new harness and 5k bulbs again.
Since i'm excited about the results, and i was reading this thread, i'll say my two cents on a 02/03 retrofit. Doing this project again, I'd definitely recommend the FXR projector.
It's bulky, it's harder to install, and you have to use plenty of messy kwik weld and steel stick, but the result is simply outstanding. Great Light output (55w is super bright), sharp cut off line (could be good or a bad thing), wide beam angle, and personally I like the construction of the FXRs, being they are almost fully encased and protected. The high beam flapper in the d2s mini's is rumoured to stick and not close when High beams are flipped off, and one of mine (passenger side) did just that.. frustrating. The FXR's are built with durability in mind; they installed with zero problems. I'd say the only downside is that they take more skill and meticulousness to install. I'll post with more updates once i've put some miles on the new setup.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AK907TRE is offline   Reply With Quote