Zak
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4148
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Auto Wagon
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre View Post
The current wrx couldn't rally, it's not a hatch, and there is no ground clearance. They ought to call it World Sedan eXperimental. WSX. I'd literally sheet a brick if they came out of left field with a 3 door hatch, with ground clearance, and 350HP. Really meaning back to their rally roots instead of always referring to who they used to be, always showing yester-year videos. I'd be on an iv drip within hours.

Buy something else dude. I decided today, that's what I'm doing. Subaru was the car company, with hatches, where one car could do it all. That's gone, so I'm moving two a two vehicle setup, which opens up things quite a bit. Now new Supra, and S2000, and whatever else coming out gets attention. Be hopeful for 2020 but don't set yourself up for disappointment either. I got my dreams crushed in 2015. 2018 was expected. If you don't expect sheet for 2020, and they actually punch Tom Balls in his face, maybe you'll be surprised. If not you won't be disappointed. They freed up some production room with the Prez going to Indiana but methinks it's all about the 7 seater now. This is the new Booby, like it, love it, or leave it. I'm leaving it. 3 purchases in a row, none with them, and apparently me and my money aren't missed
I was really surprised when I saw they actually still spelled out the WRX meaning in their statement after they've turned the car into more of a track queen now.

I've been waiting to replace my 2002 WRX wagon since ~2012 when the "new" at the time Impreza came out figuring the WRX would be right behind it. I could probably hold out to 2020 if I was reasonably confident a hatch was coming then, but I don't want to nurse my current WRX along on just a wish of hatch. If they are pushing the sedan crap even in their 50 year history, even the wish is probably a stretch.

The Golf R and Focus RS are getting more and more attractive as dealers are coming down from MSRP on them, but it is still more than I'd prefer to spend.

I'm strongly considering the Golf Sportwagen 4motion or Golf Alltrack. Both of those come with the 170HP 1.8T which can be upped to 210 with just a JB1 piggyback or 250 with just a reflash. My WRX is still stock, so that would be more than I've got now. It looks like I could get into one of those for ~25K at some dealers which makes it really hard to spend the extra 10-15K on the R or RS. That Sportwagen 4motion is right in the practical/inexpensive/decent power sweet spot that Subaru owners used to "love".

I don't have room where I am for a 2nd vehicle, so I really need a "one car does everything". I could probably do one of those folding harbor freight trailers with a less practical car, but it is so much nicer to just have the cargo capability with you at all times.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote