Old 08-21-2004, 08:46 PM   #54
reddevil
Scooby Guru

Member#: 64673
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1990 Legacy wagon
goes 12.387 @ 116.5

Well, all the final pulley install went well. Since I am going bigger on the crank I had problems finding a correct size belt and ended up having to add another idler pulley but it does work about 90% ok.

I rearranged all the nitrous and fuel solenoids and installed a second fogger nozzle for the fuel solenoid that kicks in when the supercharger turns on. It looks pretty clean, still alot of wires and such, and I have the top of a fuel line rubbing the hood which is annoying and will have to be dealt with.

So what about the power you ask?

9 lbs of boost baby. Give or take a few pounds since by boost guage is questionable at best.

Floor it (only way for the supercharger to run as it is hooked to a WOT switch) and it kicks right in, no lag. I would compare it to a 60 shot of nitrous. My AF ratio is running about .82 on average. My EGT guage is still sitting on the shelf.

I am taking it out to PIR tonight and expect it to be in the low 15's with just the supercharger. If it gives me an addtional 50 hp at the crank, I should turn a 15.3 et @ 89 mph. This is an estimated 190 hp at the crank in a vehicle that weighs 3015 lbs with me in the car.

With a 55 shot of nitrous I should run 14.2 @ 96 mph.

And If I dont blow the motor up, I might even put in an 80 shot and go for a 13.99 second et!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote