View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
currystyle
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201621
Vehicle:
96 Legacy GT Wagon
white

Exclamation Just gotta 96 Legacy GT AWD, never seen or heard of this...

Hey all, been lurking here awhile trying to learn about Subies, mostly the Legacy line. Anyway, I finally acquired one and it is having an interesting issue. The temp gauge read extremely hot while driving it home tonight (first time I've driven it). When I got home the top radiator hose was hotter than I'm used to normally on a car as well as being collapsed. I slid under the car to check the bottom hose and it had also collapsed but was cold to the touch, just like I hadn't driven the car at all. I loosened the radiator drain and heard air rushing into the cooling system and both hoses went back to normal size. I'm not new to working on cars by any means, but this seems rather odd to me. The guy i got it from seemed to think it had blown head gaskets. Do these symptoms seem to agree with that? I've seen and repaired blown head gaskets on several other cars, mostly Nissan 240 SX's, but never had any of them collapse the hoses or have the temperature disparity this one has. Sorry for the long post, but I'm really in need of some help on this one from the wonderful group of Subie gurus you have here.

Thanks
B
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
currystyle is offline   Reply With Quote