View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #126
solistik
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 345948

Again, to refer to my basketball analogy: if I were to say the NBA is filled with drug dealers, no one would think I was talking about the white, Latino, and/or Asian players in the league. That's simply because majority of the players in the NBA are black. So if 79letour would have said, "I hate drug dealers", with no reference to a specific item like a Cadillac Escalade on twenties I wouldn't have taken that comment as a racial statement. And to be honest, you kind of sound like Daniel Snyder, Roger Goodell, and all the other Redskins fans who don't understand where the Native Americans are coming from when saying they find that term offensive. Just because you don't find it offensive, doesn't mean other people don't. And instead of telling them to look in the mirror, you should inquire why they find it offensive. Because one should be understanding and open minded to where that person is coming from and trying to express. That's how social growth and understanding occurs. But as 79letour said, this thread is about XV modifications not racial understanding, if you care to carry this conversation on further feel free to PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Spfld View Post
I teach my kids content of character not color of skin. That's how I think and I expect them to as well. That said, we have rescinded back years and years with race mentality. When I was young I never heard about racism much. The 80's and even early 90's I never did, but the last few years its grown out of control. That's probably by design as well. Which, frankly disgusts me. There used to be a day you could make fun of each other without offending someone else, or that person crying racism when there isn't any. If your a drug dealer, and were offended by the remarks, then fricken get over it and change your damn ways and straighten up. If your not a drug dealer, but found racism in the fact someone said drug dealer, then you yourself should look in the mirror, cause your the one being racists. It's not a color if skin thing, and Dr Carson can tell you under the dura we all look the exact same. So if everyone focused on content, and the content offends you then maybe that's good and you change your content to better yourself. Done- simple- anything else is nothing but a ploy, if you don't know what I mean, then you never will.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by solistik; 08-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.
solistik is offline   Reply With Quote