eps105
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 205153
Vehicle:
2014 Forester 2.5i
Venetian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by eps105 View Post
On the Outback, someone had found a programming menu documented deep within the Technical Service Manual that lets you calibrate the thermometer, MPG calculation, and something else that I don't recall. It's done using the trip display buttons and LCD readout between the speedo and tach.

Given how similar the Impreza is in its displays and functionality, I would bet a similar programming routine exists for the Impreza. Unfortunately, I did this so long ago I don't remember the details, but you might want to search on Subaruoutback.net and give it a try.

Or maybe someone with the Impreza Technical Service Manual can search for the Impreza version and post it here if it exists.

I adjusted my Outback down 3% and it is much closer to reality now; -4% is probably where it needs to be.
FOUND IT!

NOTE: These instructions are for the OUTBACK. They may or may not work for the Impreza, but it's worth a try....

3. DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE
The combination meter can be customized with dealer customize according to the following procedure.
CAUTION: Perform the steps described in 1) through 4) within 10 seconds.
1) Within 3 seconds after turning the ignition switch to ON, set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position.
2) Press the trip meter knob five times.
3) Turn the lighting switch to OFF, and press the trip meter knob five times.
4) Set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position again, and press the trip meter knob five times.
5) Move on to the "DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE".
  • When the dealer customize mode operates, the LCD displays each adjustment screen.
  • The dealer customize mode consists of three setting screens. {Avg.F/E Correction Screen}, {Ambient Temp. Correction Screen} and {Clock Adjust. Screen} is displayed cyclically in this order every time the trip meter knob is tapped.
  • Holding down the trip meter knob while each setting screen is displayed can change the setting value.
NOTE: When ignition switch is turned OFF or the vehicle is driven, the customize mode is cancelled automatically.

No...Customize mode........................Initial value......Correction range
1....Avg.F/E Correction Screen...........+/-0%............ +/-10%
2....Ambient Temp. Correction Screen..+/-0°C (°F)..... +/-3°C (°F)
3....Clock Adjust. Screen.................. on................. on or off
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
eps105 is offline   Reply With Quote