View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #16
kyoo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 280283

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazel View Post
What all is done to your new IX so far? (beautiful car btw!!!) Why are you considering both STU and ASP? Sorry for the off topic.
lol I think we can go ahead and leave the topic

for a little history, I had a IX GSR that I kind of went wild with, doing whatever mod I wanted - ended up in SM with FP Green, full boltons, cams, GTWorx/Bilstein, WL bushings, built trans, t-case, and Cusco rear diff. After going through all that and having my fair share of problems, decided to move to a stock MR to start over - plus I always wanted white

with the new evo, going with a much more mild setup powerwise - car's got an exhaust and fmic from the original owner, totally stock motor. i'm at a point where i can go either STU or ASP, but i guess if i can only have the rear diff if I go ASP, that's what I'll do. i don't plan on running wider wheels/tires than stock, and I guess i'll go with a mbc ebcs hybrid setup since I can in ASP. the MR 6 speed has been known to be weak so I'll get it built, keep the stock t-case, and bring over the Cusco rear diff. Just ordered Ohlins DFVs which I'm stoked about, so I guess I'll go from there! It won't be a competitive car but it'll be damn fun to drive lol

::
one final on topic note though, maybe STX WRXs can still move forward with this - i still think it'd be helpful for WRXs in that class to have a little more edge at nationals.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by kyoo; 01-31-2013 at 12:54 AM.
kyoo is offline   Reply With Quote